How can I stop my hair from falling out? 5 tips to keep your hair ON your head and out of your bru
When your ponytail is getting thinner and thinner, and your bathtub drain is filled with hair after a shower, it may be time to consider some things you can do to keep the hair you have and prevent more hair from falling out. Here are 5 tips to get you started on the road to prevention:
1. Feed your hair. Hair needs protein, B12 vitamins, iron and zinc, so make sure your diet is rich in fish, nuts, leafy greens, and beans. A spinach salad with salmon, almond slivers, and white beans and an olive oil dressing each day will get you started.
2. Add Minoxidil to your daily regime. It's the only FDA approved proven product to help increase the diameter of the hair strand and fifty percent of the women who have used it have experienced success. Women's Rogaine is a great place to start.
3. Comb with a laser. Though not inexpensive, laser combs have shown proven results with regard to hair loss prevention and increased hair growth, resulting in fuller, healthier, and thicker hair.
4. Go for a walk. Stress can be a major contributor to hair loss so to prevent it, reduce the stress in your life. Go for a daily walk, do yoga, or meditate and those locks just might chill out with you.
5. Get a massage. A head massage, that is. According to studies, massaging the scalp increases blood circulation and using almond oil in conjunction with the massage has shown to reduce hair loss.